The Sage Welcomes You

So, here you find a blog about life in general, but with a focus on family, games, books and creativity. Other "stuff" will creep in from timt to time.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Short Notes: BJ Shea's Geek Nation

This summer has been insanely busy.  The 13th Age game has been on unintended hiatus as no-one has been able to synchronize their schedules.

So, in the meantime, let me recommend to you the fantastic podcast BJ Shea's Geek Nation.  I ran across this program first for their 13th Age actual play broadcasts.  I had not planned to become a regular listener, but I gave some of the regular shows a try, and I was hooked.  The general show runs Monday, Wednesday and Friday; Tuesday they focus on Magic: The Gathering, and on Thursdays they have "Special Ops," which focuses on special topics that writers Brandon Jerwa and Mark Rahner choose and discuss. 

I find all the regulars on the show to be interesting, funny and to bring a diversity of perspectives which alert me to interesting topics, new trends and new media to check out (books, comics, film, games, etc.).

The interplay of the cast is lively and fun, often tinged with the kind of joking, puns, "friendly" put-downs, and movie and book quoting that characterized the time I spent with friends in my formative years growing up geeky.  Listening to one of the shows puts me back in a room among people who speak my language fluently.

I recommend the podcast very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment